Completely Fair and Democratic Elections in Turkey
There is a lot to be said, but I’ll try to stick to the facts:
- Previous one was on June 7, 2015.
- There is a 10% electoral threshold.
- After June elections, 4 parties made it to the parliament.
- None of them had enough votes to form a government alone. They also failed to form a coalition.
- It is quite likely today’s elections will have a similar result. Polls were very accurate last time, they are pointing to a similar composition for this time too. Another election to be held in May is already being discussed.
- There are other parties but they each get very few votes. The general opinion is your vote is wasted if you are voting for these.
If you have any questions, suggestions or corrections feel free to drop me a line.